Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Common Cold

.
It finally got me. I've been successfully avoiding the cold bug all year. L would bring it home from school and build fluffy mounds of used tissues throughout the house. The hubby-man would catch it at work and leave stacks of double-folded tissues around the computers. I avoided these hazards with a combination of Zicam and the mantra, "I do not have time to be sick."
(note: I do not recommend Zicam, even though it works, because a tiny -miniscule even- number of users suffered a partial or total loss of smell. So if you're going to spritz it up your nose, be aware that you could be one of the very few people to have an adverse effect... Or not. It's your nose.)

Back to the subject at hand. "I do not have time to be sick" can work wonders. But this particular cold snuck up on me. It stealthily waited until there was a strong weather shift. (Which always gives me a sinus headache) So I didn't realize the ache in my head was anything more than a bad case of weatheritis. Until the weather front passed, and I still had a headache. Along with some colorful mucous. Yeah, buddy. Lime green. Which means it's bacterial, not viral. So saying it's the common cold is untrue.
The good news is that bacteria can be dealt with.

Dear friends, let me introduce to you: BASIL (bay-zill)
Basil is a powerful purifier. So sprinkle some in broth and drink it all down. I just made mine with basil, garlic, rosemary and thyme. And it worked! My nose is clear and my headache is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home