Basic Folk Magic -eggs
For bad dreams, or for when you think someone is intruding in your sleeping space; I've heard an egg works wonders. I've never tried it myself. I've been told thet you should put an egg on the nightstand near your head, or under your pillow for 3 nights. The egg is a symbol of creation and protection. The protiens within the egg should absorb whatever's causing the bad dreams. If the egg breaks during the three nights, throw it away and start over. The egg must stay whole for the entire time. Don't worry about the egg rotting on your nightstand; eggs can keep for a week without refrigeration.
After the third night, dispose of the egg without cracking it. Do not bury it in your yard and do not under any circumstances eat it. The egg has encapsulated your own negativity and problems, burying it will put those problems into the earth that surrounds your home. Not a good idea.
I recommend running water over the egg before dumping it in the trash. Water is an excellent cleanser.
Which leads to another bad dream protection method:
Put a glass of water on your nightstand. Empty the glass and refill it with fresh water every night. Never drink from that water glass. It should only be used for absorbing negativity.
Interestingly enough, my son was doing this long before I heard about it. He put a fresh cup of water by his bed every night, and he wouldn't drink the water in the morning. He would, however, drink from that cup after it had been washed. But folklore says to never drink from the night-time cup, because the dreams will get into your body and make you sick.

2 Comments:
is the egg boiled or raw?
BTW I like this stuff all these tipes I never tried.. YAY!
The egg is raw.
Post a Comment
<< Home