Monday, January 31, 2005

Folk Magic - New Years

At the start of the new year, bury some pennies under your front porch to insure prosperity throughout the year.
(My family rarely uses the front door, so I stood in my back yard and meditated until I saw where to bury the pennies. They went into my comfrey patch.)

Before you go to bed on new years eve, leave out some food for the animals; preferably some remnant of your dinner. If you begin your year providing for another, surely you will have provisions when in need.

3 Comments:

Blogger achromic said...

how about something fun to do with cat whiskers? my cat just laid two of them on my bathroom counter (like little gifts awww) is there anything cool that I could use them for?

9:19 PM  
Blogger She Dances in Dragon said...

Hm. You can tie 7 knots in the whiskers while saying a poem (spell) and force the cat to be your familiar... I've never been fond of that one.
Let's see... Cats are night creatures... They're hunters... they're social yet solitary... Hmmm.

you could place the whiskers somewhere where you'd like to have the attributes of a cat. Like if you want better reflexes while driving, place them in your car.
?

9:14 AM  
Blogger achromic said...

I don't think I need the first one. My cats can choose to be my familers if they want to but I wouldn't force something like that. What would I use a familer for anyways? but the second one I like a lot.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home