Sunday, January 16, 2005

Old Post Five -massage and mea culpas

The nifty thing about massage is that if I do it properly, I end up feeling better than when I started. It's a good workout for my body, the reflexology is a good workout for my mind, and I'm doing something I want to do... healing!

I've always been afraid of reaching out and making a difference in people, although I've been told I do it all the time without noticing. I'm really comfortable with that. If I'm not trying to change them, then I can pretend nobody sees it. I'm not sure what I'm afraid of more, trying and failing or trying and succeeding. I was raised Catholic, so there's a big mea culpa living inside me. I fear not being worthy of my gifts. I fear developing a messiah complex. I'm afraid I'll discover on my death bed that all the times I thought I was helping people, I was really doing them a disservice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home